Senior Electrical Engineer
Kansas City, MO
Are you a Senior Electrical Engineer who enjoys making a difference in the environment and also in engineering. HCI has meaningful work, exciting cross-functional teams who are making a difference designing efficient power systems for rural and off-grid settings. We are adding a Senior Electrical Engineer to our Kansas City team to design, develop and deploy turn-key power solutions. We love the work we do and our solutions empower communities around the world.
HCI Energy is leading the way to bring responsible power to the most remote locations in the world. Our self-contained Hybrid Power Shelters replace historical reliance on diesel generators in communities, telecom/public safety towers, military ops, disaster relief efforts, and more. Our business is growing quickly and we’re looking for more bright minds to roll up their sleeves, enjoy their work and make a difference.
- Design, implement, and improve power electronics
- Design and develop instrumentation and control systems
- Work with a diverse set of customers to understand their needs and translate into great designs and products.
- Serve as subject matter expert as we evaluate various options and solutions.
- Analyze and predict product performance.
- Guide and train project team members on technical topics
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications. Visit customers to ensure designs meet their intended benefit.
- Travel to customer sites: 10%
- BS Electrical/Controls Engineering
- 2+ years professional experience
- Familiarity with codes and standards to include the NEC
- Experience with batteries and DC Power Systems and/or communication systems
- Read and review engineering drawings, network diagrams, SCADA documentation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create project estimates, material lists, and design packages
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Professional interest in energy technologies and battery energy storage
- Experience in the construction and commissioning of electric power projects
- Telecom, Public Safety, Solar or Wind environmental experience
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) and 401(k) Matching program
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time Off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate
- Kansas City, MO 64101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)